The Prairie Grove Town Center was built ca. 1930 as a Magnolia filling station and garage.
In 1941 the building was owned by J. A. and Jimmy Smith, who did auto repair, welding, and blacksmithing there. A fun fact, Vernon Holland built stock race cars for Carl Kelley in this building. A car built by Mr. Holland and driven by Mr. Kelley won first place at the Nationals at Green Valley Raceway in 1967.
A little more...
In 1829 was the Reverend Andrew "Uncle Buck" Buchanan, a minister of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church went to Cane Hill where three of his brothers were living. Here he was told of a good place to settle six to seven miles east where there was a large spring at what would become the center of Prairie Grove and directly accross from the PG Town Center. The Prairie Grove post office was established in 1867. The town of Prairie Grove was established in 1871 by the stepson of Andrew Buchanan, Col. James P. Neal, who built the first store there. A plat of the town was made in 1875, then streets and lots, were laid out on a grid in 1877. Prairie Grove was incorporated July 9, 1888.
Growth of Prairie Grove centered around Mock Spring, which met the town's water needs for many years. Mock Spring and Mock Park are named for Dr. Will H. Mock, who purchased this land in 1901. He removed the buildings from it, then had soil hauled in and trees planted. Dr. Mock encouraged public use of this park while he owned it, then in 1963 he donated it to the city of Prairie Grove.